Friday 8 February 2013

Apple iPod nano 16GB - Green - 6th Generation (UK)

I have had my ipod nano a few days now and here is my review:

Appearance and general:
This thing is tiny! It has a 1.5 inch screen and is very thin and light. I got mine in a pink color and it look fantastic! The battery life is impressive. You can get hours of playback- I think I get about 20... Loading music on is very easy. You need to install itunes and load up any CDs and then they can be synced onto the device.
 

Features:
Here are all of the features on the iPod nano:

Playlists.
You simply let your favorite songs and create your own albums. I find this feature very useful when I just want to listen to half an hour of my favorite songs.

Genius mixes.
This is a feature where, from what you have been listening to and what is in your library, it suggests new songs and albums for you to try. I found this feature good at times but it mostly goes unused.

Music.
This, obviously, is the main part of the ipod. You can select what songs to play via Artists, Songs, Albums, Genres or composers. Music quality is excellent, but I would recommend that you buy some half decent headphones. You can shake to shuffle. There is a voice-over feature, by holding on the button on the apple earphones, it can tell you what song you are listening to and who it is by in a robot voice. I do not use this feature and so did switch to better quality earphones.







Radio.
Not the best. But what, really, can you expect? Some stations have decent quality, like the local stations the nano finds for you. You can select certain stations as your favourites, and then you can find them easily. You can also stop and rewind the radio.

Podcast.
High quality stuff. There are loads of podcasts to choose from, for free, on the iTunes store. It does not play any podcast that are video and not audio, instead you can listen to it whilst you see a freeze frame.

Settings.
You can basically change the brightness wallpaper, set a pedometer goal, change photo settings and other settings.

Photos.
The photos are incredibly high quality. You can play slideshows where they zoom in on the photos.

Fitness.
A basic pedometer. You can also view your pedometer personal bests and your workout totals.

Clock.
As you would expect. Also includes a stopwatch and timer.

The bottom line is that it is a very good device. Some people may be missing the video and camera features. But I do not. The small size and shape just wouldn't be suitable for video or a camera.

Basically, I LOVE IT!