Sunday 10 February 2013

HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Sim-Free Smartphone



I got this phone three weeks ago, and so now I'm going to share some of my thoughts about it. I am very impressed with it, as it is a massive improvement on my last phone which was a blackberry bold. The first thing I noticed is that it's really fast, and I never notice any lag opening apps and playing high graphics games, so I love it.

It's screen is really good, and I would say it is the best screen you can get on a phone. The colours are very clear, especially the whites, and it can go very bright. Watching films and using the internet is also really easy on this phone because of the large screen, and the text resizes on the internet to fit the screen which makes it really easy to read.

The headphones are extremely high quality, and better than any other phone. They pack a lot of bass for such small buds, but the high notes and mid-tones are great as well. The beats audio EQ makes them sound even better, as it boosts the bass and high notes to make the sound suit the particular headphones better.

The battery is not, amazing, as it only lasts a day and a half for me when I'm using the phone a lot. However, there is a free app on the android market called juice defender which I would recommend downloading, as it improves the battery life dramatically by turning off battery draining aspects of the phone when you're not using them.

Lastly, the design. I think that the red accents on the speaker grill and the camera look really good, as they give the phone a limited edition feel, and with design becoming more and more important in technology, the red accents make it stand out from the rest of the market as a premium handset, with the beats logo on the back adding a bit of "cool" as well.

The camera takes really high quality photos for me that still look good even when I view them on a computer. Surprisingly, it takes better photos than my actual camera does, and I use it the whole time. The video also seems great quality, and you can choose what quality you take photos and videos in, in settings, if you want to take up less space on the memory card. Another great thing about the camera is that it comes with some editing functions, like cropping, and you can add effects to the photos like negative or sepia and more. The phone comes with a 16GB micro sd card already in it out of the box, which is great for storing music, photos, and videos.

The last strong point of the phone is the Android operating system, and that is a major factor to thing about when buying this phone. The Samsung Galaxy SII also has Android, but the Sensation XE also has HTC Sense, which is a skin, changing visual interface that you interact with when using the phone, to make it look much better and do more, and this is much better than Samsung's user interface, called Touchwiz. HTC have announced that the HTC Sensation XE will receive an upgrade to the latest versions of Android, called Ice Cream Sandwich, in the next three months, which will bring more features, and make it an even better phone.

Overall, from my experience of using it over the last few weeks, and then comparing it to the iPhone 4S and the Samsung Galaxy SII, I would recommend it as the best phone out there at the moment, beating all the competition due to its design, its sound capabilities, its phenomenal speed and the Android versatility.