Tuesday 12 March 2013

Sony Xperia Z UK SIM Free Smartphone - Black (Unlocked Phone)



I upgraded to this from my Xperia Arc, based on numerous online reviews comparing it favorably to the Xperia T, Galaxy SIII and/or iphone 5. So far it's all good; the phone feels more solid in the hand than the Arc, and clearly bigger - about as big as a 'phone' can practically get. The OS is very smooth and stable, installing a dozen apps as fast as I could find and select them, obviously the extra power helping out here. Battery wise, with some of the power saving options selected, I'm getting around two days on a charge with medium usage, much the same as the Arc. You'd need to have everything turned on and cranked up then use it non-stop for hours for flatten the battery in the way some people have suggested. The infamous socket flaps are a mild inconvenience, but that's the price you pay for water resistance, and their presence is hardly a secret so I fail to see why some people are acting so shocked and horrified by them; is it not normal to do a bit of research before buying a £500 product? On the whole, I'm very pleased; it's pretty much exactly what I expected from the majority of professional online reviews.